Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Skills My Pupils Need

  In today's society and environment students need a variety of skills:  multitasking, information literacy, and technological skills are three that definitely top the list.  My students also need to be optimistic information seekers that can be collegial and collaborative with students, even with those that they do not get along with well.
   As an educator, I'm trying my best to prepare my students for the middle school.  That is my goal and one that I aggressively pursue each time I step foot into my classroom.  One of the ways I do that is, I model how my students should react and interact in a variety of situations.  I specifically show them that I'm not perfect, nor do I claim to be, and that I too, often have to search (look up) the answers.  I believe I'm doing a good job due to my love of education, thirst for knowledge, and strong rapport with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment