Thursday, April 16, 2009

Curriculum Model

http://ged550.wikispaces.com/Stufflebeam%27s+CIPP+Model

The above link is a site for the curriculum model known as CIPP.  It has a logical and well organized framework, but is very overwhelming.  I know that certain elements can be altered, and that the model can become tailored to my specific needs when evaluating curriculum.  That is why I like this model and chose to research more about how to utilize the model.
However, the one huge downside to this approach is that it is very objective.  The approach does not allow for "wiggle room" which to me is important.  Subjectiveness is vital in school situations, because sometimes alterations are necessary when creating something for education.

The main reason I like this model is because the creator's mantra is, "the purpose of this model is not to prove, but to improve!"

No comments:

Post a Comment