Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Standardized Tests

Standardized tests actually serve a purpose other than funding. My school district uses the data; uses being a very important word, because data is pointless until you utilize it to benefit something. Sparta mainly uses the scores to help guide curriculum. My school district looks at all of the categories, growth within the district, growth by school, growth by grade level, and growth amongst districts in our specific group.

I personally look at test scores to help me gauge my curriculum and which concepts to focus on in order to help students meet his/her full potential. I also use the information for grouping. Sometimes I specifically group students according to his/her academic abilities.

As previously stated, it is important to analyze the data and then use it to benefit the students. (On a side note, our district's curriculum department holds meetings at each school to help faculty interpret the data and use the information to help students.)

No comments:

Post a Comment