Wednesday, February 25, 2009

NCLB

I'm very anti-NCLB, even though it is very good in theory (but then again so is Communism). I appreciate the governments attempt to improve education in America, however I believe that most congressmen are too far removed from the actual classroom.

NCLB has definitely impacted education across the country and it has trickled down into my classroom.

Many teachers are intimidated by NCLB and state testing. Too often teachers teach to the test. However, I personally do not teach to the test. I follow my curriculum set forth by my district and do the best to implement it in my class. It is my personal belief that if I teach to the best of my abilities, engage my students in lessons (by getting them excited about learning), and create a classroom mileu that is conducive to education, that my pupils will excel in a variety of testing situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment